Sunday, February 21, 2016

Skills Set Update D: Screencasts

Welcome back!  I had to re-arrange my skills update goals, this week I will be exploring screencast software. I decided to check out two well-known tools Jing and Screencast-o-Matic.  I have some previous experience with Jing, so I refreshed my skills there first! It is easy to download and easy to use! You can have it so the icon sits on the edge of the screen where ever you prefer, ready for use. You can take screenshots and video recordings to share with others.  Screencast-o-matic is another great tool.  However, I was sad to find out that you can get one month free trail only if you sign up for a monthly agreement.  Therefore, I stuck with Jing…it’s totally free!  Although the uploading to Blogger is something I may need to do more research on, the video saves to screencast.com then after logging in, I was provided a share link and embedding code.  Until I figure out to embed a code, I will stick with a hyperlink!

Why screencasts you ask? Because it is a great tool to use when you need to teach a group of people and don't have the time to sit down with each of them.  You can also give those you worked with a place to refer to if they forget a step in the process! It is great for visual learners, like myself and many of my colleagues! So sit back and enjoy learning a little bit about Google Drive using the screencast software, Jing. click here!




I hope you learned something new and enjoyed the beautiful desktop image of my boys! :)

Next week will be my last Skills Set Update.  I have accomplished most of my goals and then some. I look forward to exploring IntelliKeys and other computer accessible software as well as alternative iPad access since those are all the rave!

Talk to you soon,

21st Century SLP

No comments:

Post a Comment